Monday, January 11, 2010

Pied Piper

I don't have anything to report really today, I took a shower, I watched Cash Cab, I couldn't sleep last night because I was using some new sheets and they make my "Princess and the Pea" skin too sensitive.

I recently heard on a history podcast that I like that The Pied Piper might have been based on a true story. Hamelin is a real place, and 185 children did disappear from that town in a single incident- however it is unclear from the towns history what that incident was. Yikes!

Like the Miracle Worker, there is a specific incident in the Pied Piper that I like to reference, but this reference is almost universally misunderstood- is the story of the Pied Piper familiar to most people?

1 comment:

Jezze said...

Yeah Hamelin celebrated a big anniversary the other year - a millenia since the city had been founded, I think.

What's the new threadcount? You could always wash the new sheets a bunch of times with baking soda to rough them up a bit (supposing of course that you're looking for a more worn sheet and not a smoother, higher thread count set)