Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Simpsons are my kind of people

I don't watch The Simpsons very regularly, but I am not sure why. I really really enjoy it when I do watch it. It is just a nice little show that makes me chuckle out loud quite a bit.

But the reason I like the Simpsons the most is because it is the only show I know of that doesn't stereotype or discriminate against black Cats!!! Snowball!!:















Most shows portray all black cats only as the pets of witches or as harbingers of evil! (Im looking at you Sabrina the Teenage Witch) Even my beloved Cats 101 on Animal Planet rarely IF EVER shows black cats at the models. In fact, the only time I can recall an all black cat being on the show is when there was a freak fat cat. Anyway- give those poor little black cats a break! They have a hard enough time keeping up a positive body image.

SO the Simpsons are great examples of pet owners! Their dog is a stray they adopted and their cat is a wonderful black cat. Afterall black cats are the best- I have warmed up toes thanks to one right now!!

(While I was researching this blog I saw that PETA spays and neuters black cats for free on Halloween! That's quite a treat for owners, but a trick for cats!)

No comments: